Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Baby Chicks - Day One

Once I saw the chickens our friend, Selina, had I was even more determined to have chickens of my own. There was much conversation about them and February 27th, we finally met Selina at the local shop, BUCKLEY'S, to get our baby chicks. Imagine our disappointment to find that the delivery of chicks had sold out within the first 24 hours! We made plans to meet again on March 2nd when the next shipment was expected. On March 1st, Buckley's posted that their chicks had come a day early and were available. I immediately called Angel who drove over to pick up the chicks. I texted her this list of what I wanted.
These are the first pictures of "the girls" in their temporary box home. And that is how we began our adventure in raising chickens for eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment